Thursday, July 29, 2004

The Vanishing

Okay, this just creeped me out, so I had to write about it.

Mom, Dad, and I were trying to put together my dresser, which has had a broken bottom drawer for years. We finished it and put it in, everything worked, we're cleaning up, Mom sitting on the piano bench, me and Dad down on the floor. Dad's gathering his tools back together, but he couldn't find the pliers. They were left smack dab in the middle of me, Mom, and Dad. We looked all over the place in a 3x3 foot area. We cleaned it bare!

Finally, Mom gave up the search and left. I got to my feet, ready to leave too. Then, while straightening my pants, I happened to look down.

The pliers were at my feet! Dead in the middle of us three, perfectly open view.

All three of us swore they were not there just a moment before. They were not buried nor even obscured, and there was no way I could have been sitting on them, they were in the middle of the floor, right in the center of where the three of us had been positioned. It's like a Bermuda Triangle.

The whole thing gave Dad the chills. Even Mom couldn't explain it. My boyfriend had one explanation:

Poltergeist!

Gee, I'm gonna sleep great tonight!

No comments: