Saturday, June 27, 2009

Busy Week

Well, I'm off to play a concert at Bridgeport Village tonight at 6pm. If you're in the Portland area, come on down and help stimulate the economy.

After the concert is over, Matt and I are scurrying over to Stub Stewart State Park for Field Day 2009. If you happen to be into amateur radio, listen in and try to find "W7OTV" out of the pure chaos as people around the world test out how to keep the lines of communication open during a state of emergency (solar power and generators, for our group). We like to take the night shift (except for the generator noise). So from 9pm to 11am, we'll be calling out "CQCQ" and talking to people around the world. I love bringing my camera and taking pictures right at sunrise, since the park is so amazingly picturesque. The radio operators are also funny to photograph at 5am.

Which means tomorrow we crash and sleep all day. I like that plan!

Monday is a special day. I'm fixing dinner for a lady in my band name Kristine who gave birth to a baby who will not survive long. In fact, she wasn't supposed to make it to birth, but by a pure miracle little Leah Grace has lived three months.

Please read her story here, but have the tissues ready:
http://www.tigardtimes.com/news/story.php?story_id=124408039674470200

It's a joy and agony to Kristine and her husband, holding their child and never knowing when her time will be up. Her church and our band joined forces to fix dinners and pitch in donations for house-cleaners to help the family. We have no money, but I sure can cook! I'm going to make my special parmesan-chicken-ranch-basil-pasta-casserole thing (I have not come up with a name for it yet). Matt has fallen in love with it, and it is super simple, so I can make enough for them and us.

Tuesday is band practice. I had a cold sore last week and couldn't play, so I'm looking forward to this week.

Then Thursday, July 2, is our "dating anniversary," eleven years as a couple. I have no idea what we're going to do, since money is tight. Olive Garden is our traditional dinner. yummmmmmm!

Then comes the Fourth of July. We have a parade in the morning, then we're playing for the Tigard Fireworks Show, the biggest fireworks display in the western suburbs. It always draws a massive crowd. Lots of Sousa and patriotic music for that day. And we get to watch the fireworks, so it's all good!!!

So, that's going to be my week, minus all the joyful surprises that pop up. Looks like this summer will be eventful.

No comments: