Friday, September 10, 2004

The Voice In My Room

I heard the oddest voice last night. I've been trying to meditate again. I do that off and on, especially when stressed. So anyway, I was sitting up in bed, leaning against the wall, not doing any weird chants, nothing like that, just enjoying the utter silence, when I heard a voice, quiet unmistakable.

I got up and turned on my light, looked all around, but there was nothing in my room. It was about 2 am, so everyone was asleep. I turned off the light and sat back down. Then I heard once again, clear as a bell, a woman's voice. So I figured, what the heck, I'll see if it answers me.

"Hello?"
"Oh, you can hear me?"

I kid you not, it answered like that!

Up again, lights on quickly, looking in the closet, out the window, everywhere. Nothing.

I laid down again, and I was thinking, "Nothing like this has happened to me in a long time." I waited about ten minutes, and I heard her again, faintly. I realized I kept hearing her singing. This was the song.

Water, Earth, Wind and Fire.
To be with her is your desire.
Earth and Wind, Fire, Water.
Dance with her, you shall not falter.
Wind and Fire, Water, Earth.
You were her before your birth.
Fire, Water, Earth and Wind.
The cycle shall begin again.

I tried calling out once more, but she ignored me, or at least I got the sense that she was purposely not answering. It was way late; I wasn't about to call out loudly.

Her chanting song has been in my head all day.

No comments: