Thursday, August 17, 2006

Hear that? It's opportunity marching away....

I'm bummed at the moment.

A local band called The Online Romance messaged me through Myspace and said they're looking for a French hornist for some recording sessions and wanted me to join them. I was like HELL YES!!!!! Then... wait, dammitall, I got rid of my horn! Waaaaaaaaaaaaah! I've been so majorly down all night, now.

I like their sound too, very much the Northwest Indie sound (think The Decemberists). And I would LOVE to record! That would be so frickin awesome, total dream come true, you know!

But it had to be on the French horn, which I gave back to my college in May. Broke my heart to see the thing go, too! I had to tell them, sowwy, no hornie...

Wait, that sounded REALLY WRONG!

I didn't tell them that, honest! I said I'd love to, I like their sound, but I have no French horn of my own (I did not say "horny", honest!) but I have a mellophone and a trombone and a trumpet, so if they ever needed those I am SO there!

Chance #2 of becoming a recording musician, flushed down the drain.... :/

Okay, that's my sob story for the night.

No comments: