Saturday, November 19, 2011

OTP

OTP
One True Pairing

I write fan fiction, obviously. I have two accounts, one that is clean and one that I created to "hide" my more risqué works. They're not necessarily all about sex, mind you. Rated M is also for blood and gore, or in general for "adult themes." One of my stories is Rated M because the girl gets drunk and flashes her boobs. Nothing happens until the very end... when she gets her first kiss. Yup, it's that non-sexual! But it's still M.

Then there are the ones that define "Rated M," stories that will make you blush and will probably make my parents disown me. It's taken me years to break down my barriers as a writer, to be strong enough to not simply write "they kissed and tumbled back onto the bed; then the next morning..." but to write some content into what the audience can already guess was a wild night of raw passion. I guess I really didn't feel adequate to write material like that until I got married. "Write what you know"... right?

With fanfiction, I have an audience eager to read "those sorts of stories." In fact, they thrive on it.

When I saw in the Fairy Tail listing on Fanfiction.net that there are 25 Rated-M stories about the character Loke, and 5 are mine (well, 6 if you count the French translation of "Lion's Pride" that Meijishi is uploading) I realized I have two problems: one, I'm obsessed with Loke (hell, I even wrote a slash with him); two, I have a very perverted mind (did I mentioned the slash...with Natsu?)

These are all of my Loke stories, including the "clean" ones on my "good girl alter-ego" account:

Box of 'Nip - clean and cute, although technically Loke is "stoned" on catnip
Cat Bath - so dirty, it had to take place in a shower
Crouching Lion, Horny Dragon - slash... also the worst title EVER! But too funny to change it.
Ephemeral Sakura, Eternal Love - M for gore and drunken booby flashes.
From Lion To Kitten - Loke and Lucy as children... uber cuteness!
Kitty Licks - just as perverted as you're imagining
Lion's Pride - my epic and serious piece... except for the lemon in chapter one. I probably scare people away with that. Or draw them in.
Quest for the Master Key - song-fic about Loke and Lucy.
Sayonara, Saiai No Shishi - Japanese for "Farewell, Beloved Lion." Seriously, the saddest story I have ever written.

OTP means "one true pairing," and in fanfics it's the couple you personally think makes the perfect pair. It might be the obvious main male protagonist and main heroine, or it might be the obscure villain who had a shared past with the heroine. Reasons vary as wildly as just who should match up.

For me, Fairy Tail's main girl Lucy belongs with the Spirit of the Lion, the only character who has so far confessed his love to her (although she brushed him off) and the one whose life she saved: Loke, AKA Leo the Lion. There are too many reasons why I think Lucy and Loke belong together, why they are my OTP, rather than pairing her with Natsu or Gray.

Well... maybe Gray. He's cute too. Don't even tempt me to write a slash about Loke and Gray... yummm!

Yup, I need a cure to my obsession. Maybe I'll adopt a ginger cat and name him Loke. It'll be very awkward to write lemons with my kitty staring at me.

No comments: